[racket] Making a Racket function "recallable"

From: Joe Gilray (jgilray at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 15 14:50:01 EST 2012

Danny is correct... ouch (/.\ <- covering my head in shame).

Anyway to close the chapter on this, below is the final result using
Danny's stream suggestions/code.  I also have a non-streams version thanks
to Erik (and Stephen and Joshua).

-Joe

#lang racket
(require racket/sequence)

; a sequence function that creates an "infinite" sequence then turns that
into a stream that remembers its previous values as we walk across it.
; invoke in a loop-expr (see below)
(define fib-stream
  (let ([fib-sequence (in-producer (fib) 'donttellmecauseithurts)])
    (sequence->stream fib-sequence)))

; function to generate a list of all values in a stream < n
(define (stream-less-than-n n strm)
  (let ([fib-val (stream-first strm)])
    (if (>= fib-val n) '() (cons fib-val (stream-less-than-n n (stream-rest
strm))))))