[racket] how to trace stack by command line tools?

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 2 12:17:13 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 12:59 AM, mikeyao <mikeyao2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm learning scheme and code in emacs and geiser. I want to watch the whole
> recursive process to understand well. I know drracket can do it. Is it other
> tools(command line) that can use in emacs?

A simple tool you can use is the 'racket/trace' library:

    http://docs.racket-lang.org/reference/debugging.html

It'll make the execution of a function visible to you.  You have to
explicitly trace the function you want to watch.

---

There's also an "errortrace" module that can help produce stack traces:

    http://docs.racket-lang.org/errortrace/using-errortrace.html

You need to do a little work to hook it into your program.  For an
example, see the very top startup script of Eric Hanchrow's rudybot:

    https://github.com/offby1/rudybot/blob/master/freenode-main.rkt

where you'll see that it has the line:

    exec racket -l errortrace --require "$0" --main -- ${1+"$@"}

at the top: that's one way to hook errortrace in.

Posted on the users mailing list.