[racket] racket/gui seg fault on ARM

From: Rajah Mahsohn Omega (rajahmahsohn at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 28 19:07:42 EST 2012

I have recently been trying out racket on ARM devices and have noticed that
requiring racket/gui is causing applications to crash with a seg fault.
DRRacket also crashes but the error seems slightly different. I am using a
Google Nexus 7 with Ubuntu 13.04 and Racket v5.3.1 that was installed via
apt-get.

--- test.rkt
#lang racket
(require racket/gui/base)
---
rajah at nexus:~$ racket test.rkt
Seg fault (internal error) at 0x10582c8
SIGSEGV SEGV_ACCERR SI_CODE 2 fault on 0x10582c8
Aborted (core dumped)

rajah at nexus:~$ drracket
Seg fault (internal error) at 0x5ec378
SIGSEGV SEGV_ACCERR SI_CODE 2 fault on 0x5ec378
Aborted (core dumped)

the crash report on drracket shows the following error

gracket crashed with SIGABRT in jpeg_CreateDecompress()

I am aware of the earlier post about libjpeg causing the crash so I
compiled the latest version from git but still got the same error.

and FYI, there was an error on compiling in fun.c on line 2411 about
scheme_native_closure_preserves_marks not being defined, I believe that
function is in jit.c