[racket] the most functional man in the world

From: Matt Jadud (matt at jadud.com)
Date: Wed Dec 19 23:01:17 EST 2012

Many thanks to all who replied. I appreciate the clue-in.

I'd consider finding a way to indicate the source; given that I don't have
TV, I had no idea. (Or, if you prefer, it is a meme I haven't encountered
before.) Hence the reason I asked.

Given the lack of context, there was no way for me to know that this was a
parody. The question is: who else who is in your target audience (students
of computer science, CS educators K-16, etc.) will also be unaware, and
will it be good for the PLT brand/book for that confusion to exist?

A search for "the most functional man in the world" does not help
disambiguate the meme. And, watching a bunch of the videos, they are funny
because they are *extremely* over the top. "He dates all the girls in the
CS department" isn't over-the-top, and just came across slightly skeezy.

Anything else I might add at this point would be an attempt at editing,
which is up to you if you want to. You've put your content out there, and
now you know that you have people in your audience who had no idea that
this is supposed to be a parody.

Sincerely,
Matt