[racket] deceptive perfomance for typed racket in integer division

From: Pierpaolo Bernardi (olopierpa at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 11:23:51 EST 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 5:08 PM, daniel rupis
<danielrupistralizavez at yahoo.es> wrote:
> Pierpaolo Bernardi <olopierpa at ...> writes:

>> Remember to generate an executable, to obtain the maximum speed.

> Welcome to Racket v5.3.1.
>

> (define (test)
>   (time (displayln (total-primes 60999))))> > > >
>> (test)
> 6145
> cpu time: 39170 real time: 39156 gc time: 0
>
>  Using ubuntu 12.04 and racket

This looks like you are testing from inside DrRacket.  As I already
wrote you should generate an executable and measure that.

If you run the test from inside DrRacket, you are measuring DrRacket
overhead, which is far from negligible.

P.

Posted on the users mailing list.