[racket] Math library ready for testing

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 7 23:04:22 EST 2012

On 12/07/2012 07:31 PM, Michael Wilber wrote:
> This is such an exciting time to be a Racket programmer! Thanks for all
> your work, Neil.

You're welcome!

You're also right, it is an exciting time. I wouldn't have even
attempted the distributions and special functions without Typed Racket's
optimizer and recent JIT improvements. Or I might have, using nothing
but unsafe operations, and driven myself insane. :D

So I'm passing some of that thanks on to Matthew, Sam and Vincent.

(Oh, and bigfloats were critical to making the functions accurate. Also
plot. So thanks again to Matthew, and to Eli, for the FFI, to the French
floating-point geeks for MPFR, and again to myself for plot, and Matthew
again for racket/draw. Go us. Go us all!)

> During winter break once I'm finished with grad school apps, I'll
> convert my final Signals and Systems Matlab project to racket/math to
> get a feel for the library.

Oooh neet. I'm looking forward to your feedback. Be brutally honest. And
stay sober! Or at least have a designated coder.

Neil ⊥

Posted on the users mailing list.