[racket] How to make the syntax color things like #:default the same as #lang?

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hashcollision.org)
Date: Mon Dec 3 16:06:11 EST 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like thinks like #:default to be colored the same as #lang.
> This is "other" in the color settings.
>
> Is there a setting I may change to achieve this?

I believe it might involve modifying the color lexer; it'd be somewhere in:

http://docs.racket-lang.org/syntax-color/index.html#(mod-path._syntax-color/scheme-lexer)

http://git.racket-lang.org/plt/blob/HEAD:/collects/syntax-color/scheme-lexer.rkt#l318

I'm reading the treatment for keywords correctly, the color lexer
categorizes it as a paren.  What?!  Don't have time at the moment to look
at this further, but it does look weird.  I suspect it's just because the
authors wanted keywords to take on the same color as parens, but I don't
like overloading the parenthesis category to have that effect.

One the lexer has been modified, the next step would be to teach DrRacket
to color keywords appropriately.  I don't think it should be too difficult,
but it does involve modifying DrRacket internals.

There may be an easier path to get what you want, but I don't see it at the
moment.