[racket] Unload an FFI library

From: Dmitry Pavlov (dpavlov at ipa.nw.ru)
Date: Thu Aug 9 13:09:00 EDT 2012

>> http://lists.racket-lang.org/users/archive/2010-August/041023.html
>>
>> The answer was that Racket can not unload a library.
>> Has there been any update since then?
>
> No, there's still no support for unloading.

It would be nice to have at least REloading,
at least "for debugging purposes only" or such.
(also, as far as I understand, reloading brings less
safety issues that unloading). Without the ability
to reload the FFI, it is quite hard to develop a
C library in parallel with Racket code that uses it.
You need to restart DrRacket after each change
in the C library that you want to test in Racket ...

In all other areas -- particularly DSL development --
Racket is the best! I can work on my DSL all the way
incrementally without restarting the IDE.

Best regards,

Dmitry

Posted on the users mailing list.