[racket] rackunit vs test-engine

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 7 21:00:19 EDT 2012

On Aug 7, 2012, at 8:24 PM, Joe Gilray wrote:

> Now that 5.3 is out, I've been reading about submodules and their support for testing.  In the past I used test-engine/racket-tests for testing.
>
> Can someone please give me a rundown of when to use rackunit and advantages/disadvantages of test-engine and rackunit?

-- test-engine provides test support for the teaching languages of DrRacket.
-- rackunit is for 'adult' programmers, meaning programmers who have outgrown teaching languages.

You can still use test-engine in plain #lang racket, and you could use rackunit in teaching languages.

You can also use both with submodules especially (module+ test ...). Holler if you need examples -- Matthias