[racket] What about an Racket Artifacts thread?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Wed Apr 25 17:37:33 EDT 2012

Matthias Felleisen wrote at 04/25/2012 09:47 AM:
> I will say that I understand both perspectives, and I haven't made up my mind. Well I have but following PLT policy I shouldn't publicly state it because I am not willing to volunteer :-). So here it goes:
>
>   I think we should have a wiki that is supervised by a (strict, human) editor
>   The editor will have to figure out how people can easily find the relevant
>   information among thousands of hints.

FWIW, some wiki/CMS *software* actually implemented in Racket (none of
this kludgey TWiki or massive MediaWiki or such) has been quietly the
next thing on my unpaid work TODO list, after I release McFly and my
rewritten HTML templating libraries.

I want the markup language for the wiki/CMS to use the Scribble reader
(and probably Scribble subset language and formatter), to lower the
barrier for people editing the wiki or authoring a PLaneT package to
then go and do the other thing.  Most uses of a wiki installation would
be hitting static files or blobs, and the Racket Web Server would handle
editing and any tiny bits of JSON Web serving, so it could run a site
like the official Racket wiki on a modest computer/VM.

This is vaporware, and I have not written a single line of code
specifically for it.  Someone might beat me to it.

Neil V.

Posted on the users mailing list.