[racket] Some questions about PLaneT

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 25 15:26:48 EDT 2012

> 1) I have a library for generating natural splines from points for
> interpolation. In part, it depends on a polynomial library I made
> which I am less enamored with (more of a "it is naively written"
> versus "it isn't very usable"). Should I upload both packages
> separately, or just make a local version for this package? (e.g.
> private folder) Only two procedures are ever utilized from this
> secondary file, should I consider just bringing them in but not
> exporting them?

I would put them up on PLaneT.  Who knows!  You might find someone
contributes improvements to your library.  The other thing that I'm
doing personally is putting up any substantial new project up onto
github for easy forkability.

I'm guilty of putting packages on PLaneT with no documentation
whatsoever, and no one has called me on it yet.  But I'm trying to
make up for my sins now.

> 3) If a program I write locally depends on a PLaneT package, how does
> raco exe/distribute handle this? (Couldn't find this info in the
> guide.)

I don't know this either, unfortunately.  I know what I would like,
but I'm not sure if that's what it does.  Can someone else clarify
what the expected and actual behavior is?

Posted on the users mailing list.