[racket] Apache does not get along with RKT WebServer?

From: J G Cho (gcho at fundingmatters.com)
Date: Fri Apr 20 12:16:47 EDT 2012

My search on previous discussions on this topic did not bring up a
definitive answer so allow me to ask this question one more time.

First, what does work:

ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPreserveHost On

ProxyPass   /     http://localhost:8080/
ProxyPassReverse   /     http://localhost:8000/

However, the above is not all that useful in that I could just as well
run RKT by itself. I was interested in using existing LAMP with some
RKT WebServer goodies.

So I tried the following combinations:

var 1) /apps/       http://localhost:8080/

URL -> View
/ -> default indexing of /var/www dir
/apps -> not found by Apache
/apps/ -> dislays #:extra-files-paths (list (build-path
(current-directory) "static"))

var 2) /apps/      http://localhost:8080/apps/

/ -> default indexing of /var/www dir
/apps/ -> not found by RKT
/apps -> not found by Apache

var 3) /apps    http::/localhost:8080/apps

/ -> as before
/apps/ -> not found by RKT
/apps -> RKT servlet works!
/apps;(("l" ....))?k=v&... Not Found by Apache (This is the killer, right here.)

var 4) RewriteRule ^(>*)$ http://localhost:8080/$1 [P,NE]

Chrome fails with "This webpage has a redirect loop."

var 5) RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^localhost$

The same redirect error.

I am out of ideas at this point and could use some help if anyone has
been able to run RKT WebServer with Apache successfully. (If not,
maybe the hint at the documentation should be changed to "Don't try to
run RKT with Apache." to save time and effort of the future newbies.)

Thanks.

jGc

Posted on the users mailing list.