[racket] Other language levels in WeScheme?

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 20 11:43:52 EDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM, John Clements
<clements at brinckerhoff.org> wrote:
> Is WeScheme pinned on beginner for a while? My son is interested in writing a simple turn-based RPG in WeScheme---something it seems admirably suited for, by and large--but I'm dying for things like for/list. Am I missing a simple switch that would allow me to use other language levels? The expansion-based structure of racket suggests that the full racket language could be hiding underneath. No?

I have yet to implement large portions of #%kernel, so I don't yet
have the support necessary to get for/list in place.  I'll be working
on this soon.

At the very least, I'll have the beginnings of other language levels
working when I incorporate Whalesong's compiler into the WeScheme
environment.  I'm working on this.  Once that's in place, I should
help address Chris's question on getting it to work with Turkish since
the language side can be handled by a localized module language.

Posted on the users mailing list.