[racket] Need some help for my first real experiment with scheme

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Wed Apr 18 10:21:58 EDT 2012

Pedro wrote at 04/17/2012 04:21 PM:
> My first question is: which kind of kind of data structure should I
> use in order to perform such a quick search? I'm guessing I should
> split my notes' data into words and store each single word in some
> kind of tree. But should I just jam every single word in the memory?
> Is this a common practice?

I think the subfield you're looking for is called "information
retrieval", and there are textbooks on it.  You'll want to use multiple
IR techniques together to get good search results.  (Although a simple
stemming function and TFIDF will get you a long way.)  Which techniques
you choose influences your choice of data structures / stores.

Neil V.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/