[racket] Interactive Canvas

From: David Vanderson (david.vanderson at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 9 17:18:24 EDT 2012

Not a dumb question at all.  Hopefully more experienced minds can give a
smarter answer, but one way is to have your rectangles be separate from
gui-elements.

So you could store your rectangles in a regular old data structure.
Write code to render that to a canvas as needed.  When a mouse event
happens on the canvas, query the data structure to find which rectangle
the event happened in.

I'm not very familiar with Racket's capabilities in this area, but I
would start with the docs on region%
http://docs.racket-lang.org/draw/region_.html

They can be scaled and rotated, and the in-region? function should let
you figure out which region% a mouse event happened in.

Does that make sense?

Dave