[racket] Clarification on licensing of Racket code?...

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Apr 6 04:39:31 EDT 2012

I'm not aware of any licensing problem with Racket, when distributing
closed-source commercial ".exe" apps as you described.

> by using a free version of Racket, I wouldn't have any possibility to
> delegate the issue to the developers of Racket (which is fine with me
> because Racket from racket-lang.org is free).

I suggest considering two things: (1) the long history of the core
Racket (PLT) developers providing good releases and good support; and
(2) the option of delegating to a professional consultant if any
problems arise.

If I saw an advantage to having a commercial Racket distribution, I
would've done it already.  But I think my clients are best served by
staying with the canonical Racket distribution (built from source).

Neil V.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/