[racket] display problem

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 5 12:53:58 EDT 2012

> I have a struct which contains text and the place of a cursor.
> The place are 2 strings which contains the character on the left and on the
> right of the cursor.
>
> Now I have to display this.
> But I wonder how I can set the cursor on the right place when I can't know
> the numbers where between the cursor is placed.
> I know that the characters are 11 pixels.

I think we need more information, as I'm still a little confused.  Can
you give a few examples of the struct values you are using?  It's a
bit unclear from the prose alone what these values look like.

By "cursor", can you be more specific?  Do you mean a cursor on a
racket/gui text% instance?  Do you mean a cursor that refers to the
"graphical editor" example in HtDP 2ed?

    http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/matthias/HtDP2e/htdp2e-part1.html#(part._edit1)

We need more context because there's not enough information in the
question to tell what you're trying to do yet.

Good luck!

Posted on the users mailing list.