[racket] srfi usage within Racket

From: Ray Racine (ray.racine at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 4 12:28:42 EDT 2012

Stay in the scheme sphere long enough everyone has their SRFI moment and
one concerning SRFI-19 in particular.  Here I refer to the, "that's it, I
can't stand no more, by god, this time I'm going replace SRFI-19" moment.

 A couple of months back I had my nth moment with SRFI-19 and my usual
partial response.

 https://github.com/RayRacine/racketlib/tree/datetime/src/racket/datetime

In SRFI-19's defense, unsurprisingly, the overall approach and design of
SRFI-19 captures the gist of what needs to be done.   That said, I did
spend the rest of the morning cut and pasting a few core aspects of SRFI-19
around (core being those features I immediately needed).

FWIW, I seem to recall the current Racket impl is missing a couple of leap
second adjustments in the current release.

Overall I agree a number of SRFIs should be tidied up a bit, ported to
modernized Racket syntax and added as part of the standard Racket
collections.  But who has the time?

Ray