[racket] Poll: Does anybody besides Doug use 'plot'?

From: Neil Toronto (neil.toronto at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 30 14:05:41 EDT 2011

On 09/30/2011 11:49 AM, Mark Carter wrote:

>> At Eli's suggestion, I'm conducting a poll. Does anybody on this list
>> use the 'plot' module, or know of someone who does?
>
> Well, I've used it in the past, and I'm thinking about using it in the future. Nice module! Don't worry about breaking compatability on my account, though. One thing I found about the plot module was that it wasn't particularly clever about choosing ranges for the axes, and needed to be guided.

The new one is particularly clever. The 'plot' and 'plot3d' functions
repeatedly ask their arguments, "If I make the plot area have these
bounds, what bounds would you draw yourself in?", and adjust the bounds
to fit until the arguments' answers stop changing.

I suppose this counts as an epsilon-vote for keeping backward
compatibility. Thanks!

Neil T

Posted on the users mailing list.