[racket] Question about round

From: Vincent St-Amour (stamourv at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 30 11:35:49 EDT 2011

At Fri, 30 Sep 2011 09:25:50 -0400,
Eli Barzilay wrote:
> > Could we get an exception to the coercions in the case of +/-inf.0?
> > Or an alternative min/max that don't do it?
>
> My guess is that changes in this area are hopeless, since they'll
> break a bunch of code in unexpected ways.  (Not to mention the TR
> guys, they might get out from such a change with a PTSD.)

That change wouldn't be much of a problem for us. TR would have to be
conservative when comparing exact integers with infinities, but it
wouldn't be any worse than it is now. Or we could have singleton types
for the infinities, which would take some work and are unlikely to be
useful in a lot of other cases.

Vincent

Posted on the users mailing list.