[racket] Quoted expressions in #lang racket

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun Sep 18 17:09:29 EDT 2011

Racket Noob wrote at 09/18/2011 04:41 PM:
> Ok, maybe this is not something that's important in other programming
> languages, but it *is* important in lisps. As a lisp educator, how can
> you *not* to teach this fundamental fact about lisp?

To me, speaking of real use of the language, it seems a lot less
important in Racket than it used to be, in Racket's Lisp ancestors.  I
suspect it can be saved for an aside, when introducing syntax
transformers ("and here, we can get the form as a list if we want") or
maybe "eval" ("this will rock your world: data can be code. you should
probably never do this").

Unless someone finds it useful in explaining how evaluation works.  I
don't have significant experience teaching intro programming, so I tend
to defer to PLT professors on what they've found worked for their intro
students.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/