[racket] planet/scribble and versions

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 9 13:38:12 EDT 2011

That really depends on what you mean by "correct".  The :MAJOR:MINOR
form is recommended in planet because it allows you to link to bug fix
updates without changing your source code.  If the Scribble utilities
were to force a :MAJOR:=MINOR form, anyone copying these links would
no longer get code compatible with bug fix updates.  Since bug fix
updates are not supposed to change the interface of a package,
documentation for :MAJOR:X should still apply to :MAJOR:X+1 anyway.

Carl Eastlund