[racket] Why check-expect only at the top level?

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 6 14:08:58 EDT 2011

On Sep 5, 2011, at 5:42 PM, John Riedl wrote:

> In slightly related news, I can't parse the following, in part because
> of what seems to be an accidentally repeated part of the text:
>
> (check-member-of (test any/c) (expected any/c) ...)
> Accepts at least two value-producing expressions. Structurally
> compares the first value to each value subsequent value specified.

I have committed a repair for this:

(check-member-of (test any/c) (expected any/c) ...)
Checks whether the value of the test expression is structurally equal to any of the values produced by the expected expressions.
It is an error for test or any of the expected expression to produce a function value.

(check-range (test number/c) (min number/c) (max number/c))
Checks whether value of test is between the values of the min and max expressions [inclusive].

Thanks again.

Posted on the users mailing list.