[racket] DrRacket-onna-stick for students? (Was: frustrated with error message)

From: Rodolfo Carvalho (rhcarvalho at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 13 21:47:36 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 22:28, Neil Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:

> I'm wondering, if the students need to use lab computers rather than their
> own computers, whether there's a real need for a bootable version of
> DrRacket on little USB flash drives.  So, if the lab PCs permitted USB
> booting,</snip>

I thought about a "Portable Racket" (like those from
http://portableapps.com/).
So Windows users will be able to run Racket without rebooting, without admin
privileges, and without installation.
Just plug the USB drive and run DrRacket.

Linux users can always have the in-place install I guess (and moving the
files to a USB stick would just work (on the same platform)).

[]'s

Rodolfo