[racket] provide in ISL

From: Stephen Bloch (bloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 13 15:44:30 EDT 2011

On Oct 12, 2011, at 11:27 PM, Adam Shaw wrote:

> Greetings -- Wondering about the possible inclusion of provide in the student languages, say ISL. I'm interested to hear the rationale for its exclusion. It seems worthwhile to promote modular programming and fair to introduce early.

I've requested that too.  The use-case for me is that I assign a problem in homework 2, and then assign a problem in homework 3 that is easier to do if you re-use the function you defined in homework 2.

So I would want provide (either explicit or implicit) in BSL, not to mention ISL.

Stephen Bloch
sbloch at adelphi.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.