[racket] Request for help from windows ie users

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 5 13:53:51 EDT 2011

I've been receiving reports that my WeScheme project has been raising
errors on IE.  In response, I've rolled back to a previous version
(reverting CodeMirror 2 back to CodeMirror 1).  I want to make sure
that IE is running WeScheme fine.

If you have time, please you visit:

   http://www.wescheme.org/openEditor

and let me know if you see an internal JavaScript error upon opening
the page in IE.  I care, in particular, about IE 7 and IE 8.

If upon the page load, you see a dialog window that warns that IE is
not supported, that's ok: it's a dialog message that's deliberately
designed into WeScheme.  However, if an internal JavaScript error
occurs, one that shows up under the JavaScript error console window,
that's a situation that I need to know about.

I've done my own testing on this in IE 8, and it appears to run
without an internal error.  My problem is that one of my collaborators
has been reporting that his testing system (parallels + ie-tester) has
been producing an internal error in their simulated IE 8 instance.  I
want to confirm that, although his emulated environment is raising the
errors, those errors just aren't happening on real IE environments.

Please let me know as soon as possible.  Thanks!

Posted on the users mailing list.