[racket] bitmap% and OpenGL. Maybe bug?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 3 09:55:46 EDT 2011

At Tue, 27 Sep 2011 03:27:39 +0200 (CEST), Ivanyi Peter wrote:
> I have done a little digging. The problem is not in the
> gl-context.rkt in itself.The problem appears when you use the make-gl-bitmap
> and canvas% together.I have attached a very simple OpenGL program to this
> e-mail. Save it as gl-base.scm.If you execute it,then first it prints
> appropriately the context, but once the canvas% has beendisplayed the context
> cannot be created any more. For example in the resizing or painting functionit
> cannot be created any more.So I suppose the GL context switching is wrong
> somewhere.(This is under Windows XP.)Is this any help to solve the problem?

Thanks for the details and the example program. Unfortunately, I have
not been able to replicate the problem on my machine.

It think it may help if you can determine which step of
`create-gl-context' fails. I don't see anything that depends on the
current GL context, and I don't see why the new implementation would
behave differently that v5.0.2, but maybe knowing a specific step would
help me see the problem.

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.