[racket] Units/measures library

From: José Lopes (jose.lopes at ist.utl.pt)
Date: Thu Nov 17 09:38:26 EST 2011

Hello,

I am working with architects, therefore, I am interested in defining several
length units (e.g., metre, millimetre and so on) so that they can
create geometry using the units that are more appropriate for the
problem at hand. Arithmetic operators are also important and conversion
functions as Matthias mentioned.

I also agree with Stephen, F# is a good source of inspiration.

However, what would be really great (for my work at least :) ) was if
arithmetic
operators worked transparently both with simple numbers (i.e., numbers
without units) and numbers with units. Because otherwise I am going to have
to load several of my functions with dispatch code to deal with simple
and unit numbers appropriately.

Regards,
José