[racket] GUI does not paint while window is resizing on Windows XP

From: Jeff C. Britton (jcb at iteris.com)
Date: Tue Nov 15 14:05:04 EST 2011

I just started looking at Racket yesterday.  I am running Racket version 5.1.3 on Windows XP.  I started playing with GUI toolkit and I noticed right away that the GUI does not repaint itself while a window is being resized.  If you drag the window corner around a bit, the interior of the window shows partially painted artifacts on the background until the resize operation is complete at which point the window is properly painted.  While I realize from a GUI usability stand point this is not important, I feel it is just terrible from an aesthetic stand point.

Is this a bug?
Is there a workaround?

Posted on the users mailing list.