[racket] Building Racket 5.2 dumps core on OpenBSD

From: Carson Chittom (carson at wistly.net)
Date: Tue Nov 15 08:53:43 EST 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 6:41 PM, Carson Chittom <carson at wistly.net> wrote:

> That makes sense.  I'm trying at the moment to fiddle with the ulimit
> settings to see if I can get it to compile without error (leak---if that
> is indeed the issue---and all).  If I can make it work I'll post back
> here in case anybody else does a Google search.

After some brief attempts, I was unable to make this work.  I suspect
that part of it may be that since I'm using the OpenBSD ports
infrastructure to build it (I dislike having third-party software
installed that's not in the packaging system), and Racket is my first
go at creating a port, I've either got something configured
incorrectly (probable) or there's some weird interaction with the way
the infrastructure builds Racket (less probable).

For the moment, 5.1.3 works fine.  I'll either mess with my 5.2 port
more when I have time or  just wait until whenever the fix for leak
you committed gets into a release to upgrade.

Thank you for your help.

Posted on the users mailing list.