[racket] DrRacket needs work

From: Rodolfo Carvalho (rhcarvalho at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 13 13:15:35 EST 2011

Hello,

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 08:50, Tomi Neste <tomi.neste at gmail.com> wrote:

> - Send expression to the REPL functionality. I know that this kind of
> functionality is limited for a reason but since the REPL is still
> there it would be nice if it could be interacted with more
> comfortably.

There is an example in the documentation exactly for that:

http://docs.racket-lang.org/drracket/Keyboard_Shortcuts.html#(part._.Sending_.Program_.Fragments_to_the_.R.E.P.L)

- Maybe a class browser? The OO parts of Racket aren't probably used
> that much in general, but when working with GUI code having something
> like this would be nice. And something similar for modules, the
> current module browser is a good start but it would be nice to have
> more functionality. A general browser toolkit for building this kind
> of tools?

I don't know if that would help you, but in case someone missed it, you can:

1) click on the upper left of DrRacket on the name of the current file to
be able to quickly open other files in the directory tree (that's a
clutter-free way to add functionality!)

and

2) click on (define ...) to navigate the definitions of the current file

- Show arglist/documentation, goto definition, cross referencing.

The Check Syntax button (or the online check syntax in the new 5.2)
provides go to definition. Just right click a name and choose that from the
popup menu.
It is also great to see cross references (where is this name defined, when
is this variable used, etc etc)