[racket] article about Racket

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 12 21:47:13 EST 2011

I have spent a fair amount of time trying to keep the clutter out of
the UI --- something that, 5 or so years ago, it seemed like every
other IDE worked hard to add (clutter, that is). I found them to be a
maze of random buttons that, when I clicked them, gave me messages
that made it clear that I was not welcome.

Nowadays, the trend has reversed a little bit and the other IDEs seem
less clutterful than a few years ago. But it is a battle that I fight
pretty assiduously. Why should there be more buttons than you need to
do your job? Why should you have to do 10 steps of setup before you
can run a simple program?

Robby