[racket] Racket on Netbook (Windows 7 Starter)?

From: Rodolfo Carvalho (rhcarvalho at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 9 13:05:52 EST 2011

Hello,

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 16:07, Asa Packer <Asa.Packer at comcast.net> wrote:

> Is anybody using Racket on a netbook running Windows 7 Starter?

Yes, I have DrRacket on my netbook with Windows 7.
It's a HP Mini with an Atom processor, I think 1.6GHz, only 1GB of RAM,
1024x600 10" screen.

>  Does it work OK?

Yes, it works fine. Of course for more complex programs/computations you'll
want something more powerful, but to go through the Racket teaching
materials that hardware is enough.

It also works OK on Linux (I have dual boot on the netbook).

> I'm trying to figure out how much I need to spend on a machine for my son
> to use Racket on...

I even run Slideshow presentations on my netbook! I believe it can work
well for your son!

[]'s

Rodolfo Carvalho