[racket] debugging core dump - comments appreciated

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Mon May 23 21:10:27 EDT 2011

Matthew Flatt wrote at 05/23/2011 05:19 PM:
> At Mon, 23 May 2011 14:51:19 -0400, Neil Van Dyke wrote:
>
>> The first PLT internals question I expect to look into is whether, in
>> the stack tace, "require"s are still being processed (by which I mean
>> evaluation has not yet proceeded into the non-"require" body of the main  Scheme file).
>>

> Yes. It looks like evaluation is four `require's deep (not counting the original module). By looking at `menv->module->name' in frame 353, you might be able to tell which module is being run.

Scheme_Object 0x7fff2f7adc30 type=147  Scheme_Object 0x7fff2f7c8580
type=45 scheme_unix_path_type $5 = 0x7fff2f7bbd40
"/usr/local/plt-4.2.5/lib/plt/collects/srfi/14/char-set.ss"

During loading of that module is not an unlikely time for
"integer_to_char" to be called, too.

That's a disappointingly innocuous-looking module.  And, from what I've
found so far, the dependency graph on that module doesn't directly
implicate a less-innocuous module.

I have another question: At some point, the Scheme application code does
an "eval" of a file, and that file has "require"s, which likely pull in
that SRFI-14 module indirectly (just like the code that does the
"eval").  Can you tell from the stack trace whether or not we are
evaluating such an "eval"?

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/