[racket] Where Are List/Container Operations Headed?

From: Deren Dohoda (deren.dohoda at gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 16 11:45:35 EDT 2011

The big argument last can make sense. My style may rely too much on 'rest'
arguments... for the code I seem to write, sometimes big arguments are
relatively fixed so I write fake monad-like macros to sweeten the code a
bit. E.g., in a simple interpreter continuously using an environment a-list.
Avoiding globals and set! means your procedures always end up with these
kinds of accumulators which are syntactically noisy. Putting them last means
you can't use 'rest' arguments, itself often very sweet.