[racket] Building on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (Developer Preview 3)

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon May 9 09:32:17 EDT 2011

At Mon, 9 May 2011 03:11:17 -0400, Elliott Cable wrote:
> Great advice! Okay, success in building v5.1.1 release with those two
> flags; but no luck with building latest git (@f60f234) *without* those
> flags. So, whatever fix you pushed hasn’t fixed all of the issues
> *yet*.
>
> Here’s the stdout from building @f60f234: https://gist.github.com/962027

Thanks!

I've pushed a repair for this problem, which was that Racket didn't
reset SIGCHLD correctly for a subprocess when places are enabled.

> (FYI, I’m trying to get it also building under Homebrew, where it
> currently fails. That isn’t y’all’s problems, but here’s the GitHub
> issue anyway: http://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/issues/5408)

At the point where the doc build fails, is libcairo installed? Is it
being accessed by Racket using the right name?

Here's a list of library dependencies for `racket/draw', which is used
by some documentation:

  http://docs.racket-lang.org/draw/libs.html

Posted on the users mailing list.