[racket] DrRacket crashes when I try to evaluate something

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue May 3 14:32:45 EDT 2011

At Mon, 2 May 2011 21:47:15 -0400, "Alan R. Bleier" wrote:
> Now in beginning student mode when I press enter after (+ 5 5) in the lower
> window, DrRacket crashes.
>
> This is DrRacket 5.1 (5.1) on Mac OS X 10.6.7

Thanks for the crash report. It looks like something is going wrong
inside the graphics or GUI binding (again), where an incorrect argument
is supplied to a library function. Unfortunately, I can't tell from the
crash report which function or what sort of incorrect argument.

You could try the latest release, v5.1.1, but I'm not optimistic (in
part because it didn't help last time).

A core file might give me enough information to make progress. Can you
try running with core dump enabled, so that a file is written to
"/cores" that you could send to me?

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/technotes/tn2004/tn2124.html#SECCOREDUMPS

Thanks,
Matthew