[racket] Racket on Centos 5

From: keydana at gmx.de (keydana at gmx.de)
Date: Wed Mar 30 16:07:32 EDT 2011

Hi Erich,

thanks for the hint - this is a VERY cool tool indeed!
Good to know even in case it won't work in my current circumstances...!
Unfortunately I don't have much time to invest today  - I just made a short test and discovered that while my Linux "source" is 64bit, my VirtualBox RedHat appliance is 32bit and couldn't run the cde-exec
binary...
Actually I will try a different kind of workaround first now, where I connect to the appliance from my Macintosh host (in that case, I could have racket nicely running on the Mac...).
But if this for whatever reason fails, I will think again about a cde solution!

Ciao,
Sigrid

Am 29.03.2011 um 16:16 schrieb Erich Rast:

> Hi!
>
> You could use this cool utility:
>
> http://stanford.edu/~pgbovine/cde.html
>
> to create a binary distribution on a similar system where DrRacket
> works, and then use it on Centos.
>
> Just an idea...haven't tested it.
>
> Best,
>
> Erich
>

>> drracket tries to start, but the pango stuff seems to be really needed (see detailed stack trace below).
>> So I assume that for drracket there's nothing to be done, is it?
>> The one executable I got to start without errors (that is to say, I tried mred too, it started but with errors) was mred-text - would it be possible to work with this one (I didn't even know it existed before...) if one doesn't need any graphics?
>>
>> Thanks again,
>> Sigrid

Posted on the users mailing list.