[racket] drracket editor running too slow

From: Erich Rast (erich at snafu.de)
Date: Mon Mar 28 06:20:45 EDT 2011

Just for the record, I've been using a one-week old version nightly
built of 5.1 on Ubuntu 10.04 daily during last week and didn't
experience any slowdowns. (on a reasonably fast 2.6 GHz i7 920 with 6GB
RAM, though)

So the slowdown must be specific to Ubuntu 10.10 or your configuration.

Best,

Erich

> I am having a problem with my drracket editor running extremely slow.
I am
> using ubuntu 10.10.  I downloaded the latest version of racket (5.1) I
used
> to have (5.0).  Ever since then my editor is super slow.  I don't know
if
> their is coincidence or the reason why.   For example, I try to
highlight 3
> lines of code in the drracket editor and it literally takes 6 seconds
> finishing highlighting!(I click and drag the mouse).  If I hit enter
say 20
> times then it takes close to a minute to execute all of the enter
commands.
> The bottom part of running the program is fast, it is just the top
part
> (editor) that is slow.  Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Posted on the users mailing list.