[racket] Can raco exe assign a name other than "racket"?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun Mar 27 07:46:27 EDT 2011

Gregory Woodhouse wrote at 03/26/2011 10:20 PM:
> Could it be that the issue is not argv[0] at all, but the way the program is launched by xinetd?

As an aside, one of the first things I do to a new Unix system install
is to uninstall any "inetd" (which includes "xinetd").

I consider "inetd" to be archaic, and a source of potential problems.
Most of the services you'll find in a typical "inetd" config are things
that should have been disabled 20 years ago.  Keeping the few services
you need as daemons is simpler and faster (if they've been designed to
be daemons, and not necessarily designed to be inetd-safe), and you have
enough RAM nowadays.  Removing "inetd" also makes it harder for packages
to add services that you didn't notice because they are not normally
running (and for similar reasons, I disable the Sun RPC portmapper
unless I need NFS).  Instead of "tcp_wrappers", you can use the newer
IP-level filtering that governs the entire system (or you can
compartmentalize with KVM/Xen or SELinux).

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/