[racket] Liitin screencast tutorial

From: Hendrik Boom (hendrik at topoi.pooq.com)
Date: Sun Mar 6 00:37:00 EST 2011

On Sat, Mar 05, 2011 at 09:19:32PM +0200, Jukka Tuominen wrote:

> The functions that refer to ROM primitives continue to work as normal, but
> if you have chosen instead to use these new functions, they would
> dynamically use the RAM versions.

That reminds me of the Microsoft Basic that was put on the first IBM
PCs.  It consisted of a lot of machine-code routines in ROM, and a small
executable that invoked them.  Later versions simply made less use of
the ROM, gradually replacing those routines with others.

Of course that wasn't Basic code itself replacing Basic code...

-- hendrik

Posted on the users mailing list.