[racket] Help: Scribble does not see readtable extensions when loading a module

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 27 15:32:09 EDT 2011

Maurizio,

Modules, including Scribble documents, are read in their entirety
before any compilation or evaluation is performed.  The read error you
have seen happens long before your mymodule language gets involved.
There are a few different ways to fix the example.  First, you could
put a #reader directive before the code in question, so your <...>
syntax would be used there.  Second, you could use your <...> reader
for the entire Scribble document by changing your #lang line.  This
probably requires a new language implementation similar to #lang s-exp
that specifies the reader but allows you to specify any language
bindings, in this case scribble/manual.  Third, you could build the
example code at runtime by reading from a string.

Carl Eastlund

Posted on the users mailing list.