[racket] disable garbage collection

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 3 12:18:32 EDT 2011

At Thu, 2 Jun 2011 06:30:20 -0700, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> At Thu, 02 Jun 2011 00:25:04 -0400, Neil Van Dyke wrote:
> > When running Racket apps from the command line, is there a way to
> > disable garbage collection?
>
> There's currently no way to disable GC. I'll look into adding one.

You can now set the PLTDISABLEGC environment variable before startup to
disable GC.

I didn't add a way to disable/enable GC within Racket, because it
creates sandboxing issues. Unsafe code could use the FFI to call
scheme_enable_garbage_collection(int) (which I now realize I forgot to
document, so I'll fix that).

Posted on the users mailing list.