[racket] PLoT - is there a way to have a non-numeric, categorical x-axis (and possibly display histograms)?

From: keydana at gmx.de (keydana at gmx.de)
Date: Wed Jul 27 05:37:15 EDT 2011

Hi Doug,

thanks for the kind offer! In fact I've not been able yet to find out how to have a non-numeric x-axis using plot/extend ... I don't seem to find a related function...
Now as it's not terribly important - I can use a "workaround" converting the non-numerical data to numbers, only then of course, the x-axis would not be self-explanatory ... - I don't want to abuse your time ...
But if you had a moment to point me to how to do this, I'd be very interested of course (just don't want you to feel obliged :-) )

Ciao,
Sigrid