[racket] A question about code-style (and memory usage)

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Jul 26 15:06:17 EDT 2011

Robby Findler wrote at 07/26/2011 02:02 PM:
> It would be nice to be able to use some of those aliases without
> having to pull in huge piles of stuff, tho. Is there a way to make
> but with aliases added in? (Or maybe we just add all the aliases to
> racket/<x> directly? Or maybe racket/<x>/aliases?)

If you're speaking of adding new "#lang" names for this extension, I
think that's a slippery slope that doesn't scale to the combinations of
multiple incremental language extensions of equal importance that we'll
wish to add.

I think that extensions like this are what "require" and the monolithic
"#lang racket" are for.

For this extension, I'd favor a "racket/cute" (or whatever people want
to call it) module that is included in "#lang racket" language but not
in "#lang racket/base".

Or even put the extension in "#lang racket/base", if that's deemed the
only alternative to creating additional "#lang" combination names.
Anything but more "#lang" combination names.

(I think it's already a bit awkward how Typed Racket uses "#lang"
combination names, but TR's use is understandable right now, and TR is
of special importance.)

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/