[racket] Sweet expressions; or making it easier to introduce Racket to me and my coworkers :-)

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Jul 21 13:57:14 EDT 2011

An hour and a half ago, Norman Gray wrote:

> Eli, hello.
>
> On 2011 Jul 21, at 16:01, Eli Barzilay wrote:
>
> > 5 minutes ago, Norman Gray wrote:
> >>
> >> A while ago, I spent a little while on an alternative input syntax
> >> for XML <http://nxg.me.uk/dist/lx/> which parsed (for example) XSLT
> >> in an s-expression syntax, and produced SAX streams for consumption
> >> by conventional Java XML tools.
> >
> > One big problem with this is dealing with the contents -- if it's
> > plain string syntax, then you introduce an extra quotation level
> > headache.
>
> (p "That would certainly be a big problem if one were using this to
> write extended text (if I'm understanding you \"correctly\").")

@p{Right.  The whole point is to find a good syntax that works
conveniently for such "extended text", including code which tends to
have a lot of "quotations" \backslashes, etc.}

> fine, and @scribble works better.</p>

@p{Yes, and see that syntax: http://docs.racket-lang.org/scribble/reader.html
   it works fine for such texts, and doesn't suffer from the xml
   verbosity.}