[racket] Sweet expressions; or making it easier to introduce Racket to me and my coworkers :-)

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 20 02:33:55 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 3:18 AM, Hendrik Boom <hendrik at topoi.pooq.com> wrote:
> I asked him for the executive summary, soo to speak, and he told me that
> the problem ws that Racket was more demanding on a virtual machine
> (which is potentially shared) than on a real machine (where you actually
> have all the real memory you think you have).

I've run a long lived Racket (PLT Scheme back then) web site without
issue on a 64MB VM. I've also seen the web server blow up even given
1GB of memory. The difference is how continuations were used. If one
uses continuations everywhere, and doesn't take steps to regularly
clear them out, memory consumption will be untenably high.

HTH,
N.

Posted on the users mailing list.