[racket] Creating collections using Futures

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 19 19:50:59 EDT 2011

Allocation doesn't work very well in parallel. It is one of the few
operations that doesn't work well in parallel and yet will still
support a little because it is so hard to eliminate completely. But
when the two futures are doing essentially only allocation, then you
will see no parallel speedup.

If this is the essence of some larger program where the allocation
doesn't actually need to be shared, you might try places.

hth,
Robby