[racket] help: how to make eval see local bindings?

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 11 08:43:40 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Maurizio Giordano GMAIL
<maurizio.giorda at gmail.com> wrote:
> PS. my lambda is generated by a macro (define-syntax) ...
> this is why I use eval to generate the corresponding procedure.

If this is the case I don't think you need to use eval. You either
need to write your macro in a hygenic way -- it accepts as parameters
all the identifiers in the enclosing environment that is should
reference -- or you should explicitly break hygiene. If you're new-ish
to Racket the preceeding sentence probably won't make any sense, so
feel free to ask for more help!

Cheers,
N.

Posted on the users mailing list.