[racket] Uninstalling Racket

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Feb 15 21:37:23 EST 2011

6 minutes ago, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 06:57:34AM -0500, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> > Three hours ago, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > >
> > > The simplest thing for the final user would be for Racket too
> > > maintain the package-making Make targets that the various distros
> > > use.  But this might not be the simplese for the Racket devalopers.
> >
> > This thread is about compiling from source -- this is always separate
> > from a packaging system.  (Unless you're using the source package from
> > your distro, for example, using rpmbuild with the source rpm.)
>
> Yes, that's what I meant.  Stick revised source into the source package
> from your distro.

In that case you're not building from the racket source archive.  The
two things (building from a distro-specific source package and
building from the actual racket source) are really unrelated.  The
former uses the distro's packaging system for uninstallation, and the
latter can't know about it (and shouldn't even try).